Nuc 4 Frame, Order
Please choose this item to order your bees for early June 2020. Weather plays an important role in nuc production and determination of pickup date is variable.
3 frames of brood, 1 frame of food with Italian queen
Some things to keep in mind when you pick up your bees:
When nucs leave Turnview Farm they are the responsibility of the new, happy owners. We reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone who has not taken an Introduction to Beekeeping Course.
- Transportation: sealing, taping, or closing bees in any way are the responsibility of the new happy owner of the bees.
- Bring your protective clothing or arrive early to purchase it from our store.
- It's best to pick up bees when the foragers are in house. This is why we strictly schedule pick up times between 7:00 pm & 9:00 pm
- The optimum transport is the back of a pickup, although the bees can be restricted for car transport (at your own risk)
- Ratchet tie down straps are needed for transporting singles and full colonies.
- We do not stop the flight of bees or close entrances. IT IS OUR POLICY NOT TO RESTRICT BEES FOR TRANSPORT. It's up the new owner to decide how to move their bees.
- For car transport you may wish to bring a sheet or netting to cover the bees.
- We're not responsible for bees that get over heated once they leave our care.
- All bees sold are in need of larger living quarters right away. Nucs will need to be installed into waiting 10 frame equipment. Singles will need their second box. Doubles will need to have honey supers put on. The bees we sell are strong and need the room when you get them. Swarm control is your responsibility.
- It's recommended to feed nucs especially if they are being installed on un drawn foundation.
Please direct any questions to Paul Turner at 705-627-3378